Friday, March 18, 2011

AVENUE

AVENUE (blue) 
http://www.archive.org/download/SaulSimeonSongbook/2qAvenue.mp3 
d   D(G)  f    c   g  
 d       D(G)           f        c      g      
All alone walking down the avenue,
 d       D(G)             f       c                g   
how many times have I been here before?
d   D(G)           f          c              g  
In a circle spinning round and round,
d       D(G)                 f        c      g  
will someone show me to their door?
               em c    g           d              c
(chorus) But no, blue avenue is my home,
    
  g                 c              d
oh yeah, always set to roam,
 g       c                 g               d                   c
and I know there should be somewhere I can go,
 em  c     g      d                    c
but no, blue avenue is my home.--
d   D(G)                    f        c           g  
And the rain falls down upon the street,
d   D(G)                  f             c         g  
squashing down I feel my drenched feet,
d   D(G)              f            c             g  
cold and wet is not a problem for me,
d   D(G)           f            c            g  
it's this loneliness that is killing me. (chorus)
d   D(G)           f        c      g  
Will someone show me to their door,
d   D(G)                f                          c            g  
how many times have I been turned away before?...

No comments:

Post a Comment