Sunday, November 6, 2011

Betrayal (Assassins Apprentice)

http://www.archive.org/download/SaulSimeonSongbook/1uBetrayal.mp3
Betrayal (Assassins Apprentice)
2nd
I grew up all alone, Am G
Never had a place to call my home, D G Am
Then you took me in promised me things, Am G
How was I to know it wouldn’t be anything. D G Am

(Chorus)
You promised the world to me, G D Em
Made me think life could change, G F# Em
You said that I’d be free, G D Em
Yet I still feel the chains, G F# Em
  E      F#    E        G     A
And it goes on and on
E      F#   G     F#  Em
The betrayal sets in
E      F#    E        G     A
If I knew the end
E      F#   G     F#  Em
I would never begin.

The betrayal to me, Am G
cuts like a knife, D Am
I gave you my loyalty, Am G
You took away my life. D Am (Chorus)

Here I stay all alone, Am G D Am
Never had a place to call my home. G D G Am

No comments:

Post a Comment