Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Rhythms + Rhymes

♫ Rhythms + Rhymes – Erised http://spoti.fi/1deKXvQ http://routenote.com/r/Erised/5051813234699

Rhythms + Rhymes

Hey, what am I doing here? Hey, Why can't I see, feel and hear?
Tell me what’s happened, Tell me what’s happened, Tell me what’s happened to me,
I went out to fight and became a casualty.

HEY, THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO ME.

oh, hey, please release me, don't want to live this way,
just another casualty to the rhythms and the rhymes.

IT WASN'T LOVE, IT WASN'T HOPE, IT WASN'T PEACE I WAS FIGHTING FOR,
It was just words.

Those SLOGANS, those PROPAGANDA FILMS,
FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY, FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY,
FIGHT FOR THIS AND FIGHT FOR THAT,
not knowing you'll be a casualty to the rhythms and the rhymes.

I WANT TO GO HOME, I WANT TO BE FREE,

I WANT TO LIVE AS OTHER MEN DO,

LET ME OUT OF THIS CELL, OUT OF THIS CAGE,

not trapped here in my mind-----------------------
not for these words, hear me? not for these words.

Just another (one more) casualty to the rhythms and the rhymes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment